- Bulk superconductor in a week magnetic field will act as a perfect diamagnet , with zero magnetic induction in the interior.
- Nonmagnetic impurities have no marked effect on the SC transition temperature.
- A sufficiently strong magnetic field will destroy SC. At critical temperature critical field is zero HC(TC)=0
- Values of HC are always low for type I superconductors.
- For a given HC the area under magnetization curve is same for type II SC as for type I SC.
- In all SC entropy decreases markedly on cooling below transition temperature.
- Superconducting state is the more ordered state.
- Contribution to the heat capacity in the SC state is an exponential form with an argument proportional to -1/T
- In SC the important interaction is electron-electron interaction which orders the electrons in K space with respect to the fermi gas of the electrons.
- The argument of the exponential factor in the electronic heat capacity of a SC is found to be -Eg/2kT
- The transition in zero magnetic field from the superconducting state to the normal state is the second order phase transition, not involving any latent heat but discontinuity in heat capacity.
- Energy gap decreases continuity to zero as the temperature is increased to transition temperature.
- For photons of energy less than energy gap , the resistivity of the superconductor vanishes at absolute zero.
- As the temperature is increased not only does the gap decreases , but the resistivity for photon with energy below the energy gap no longer vanishes except at zero frequency.
Superconductivity fact file
at 10:09:00 PM
Class 9 physics notes on chapter motion is now available at the following link CLASS 9 MOTION NOTES (FULL LENGTH)
Question1: A charge Q is divided in two parts q and Q - q separated by a distance R. If force between the two charges is maximum, find the ...
Coherent sources are those sources of light which emit continous light waves of same wavelength , same frequency and are in same phase or h...
Our New Free physics ebooks (pdfs) are available at this link . Hope you lile them.
Unit I: Physical World and Measurement (Periods 10) Physics: Scope and excitement; nature of physical laws; Physics, technology and society...
ADVANTAGES The generation of A.C. is cheaper than that of D.C. A.C. machines are simple , robust and do mot require much attention for the...
Hi all here in this article i am giving some tips and tricks to solve problems in mechanics. To master problem solving skill you need to pra...
1.A particle moves in a straight line with retardation proportional to its displacement. Its loss of kinetic energy for any displacement x i...
Unit I: Electrostatics (Periods 25) Electric charges and their conservation. Coulomb’s law – force between two point charges, forces betwee...
Many times i have had users ask me a question which book to opt between H.C Verma Concepts of physics and NCERT physics books . My answer ...