- Simple harmonic motion is simplest form of oscillatory motion
- SHM is a kind of motion in which the restoring force is propotional to the displacement from the mean position and opposes its increase.Mathematically restoring force is
x=displacement of the system from its mean or equilibrium position
Diffrential Equation of SHM is
d2x/dt2 + ω2x=0
- Solutions of this equation can both be sine or cosine functions .We conveniently choose
where A,ω and φ all are constants
- Quantity A is known as amplitude of SHM which is the magnitude of maximum value of displacement on either sides from the equilibrium position
- Time period (T) of SHM the time during which oscillation repeats itself i.e, repeats its one cycle of motion and it is given by
where ω is the angular frequency
- Frequency of the SHM is the number of the complete oscillation per unit time i.e, frequency is reciprocal of the time period
Thus angular frequncy
- Total energy remains constant in a SHM.So you can find the energy at any position and differentiate it to find the out the frequency
- Problem of SHM are basically to find out the timeperiod.So the concenteration should be on getting the net restoring force
- The basic approach to solve such problem is
1. Consider the system is displaced from equilibrium position
2. Now consider all the forces acting on the system in displaced position
3. find the restore force which comes out to be in the form
SHM in short
at 10:43:00 PM
Class 9 physics notes on chapter motion is now available at the following link CLASS 9 MOTION NOTES (FULL LENGTH)
Question1: A charge Q is divided in two parts q and Q - q separated by a distance R. If force between the two charges is maximum, find the ...
Coherent sources are those sources of light which emit continous light waves of same wavelength , same frequency and are in same phase or h...
Our New Free physics ebooks (pdfs) are available at this link . Hope you lile them.
Unit I: Physical World and Measurement (Periods 10) Physics: Scope and excitement; nature of physical laws; Physics, technology and society...
ADVANTAGES The generation of A.C. is cheaper than that of D.C. A.C. machines are simple , robust and do mot require much attention for the...
Hi all here in this article i am giving some tips and tricks to solve problems in mechanics. To master problem solving skill you need to pra...
1.A particle moves in a straight line with retardation proportional to its displacement. Its loss of kinetic energy for any displacement x i...
Many times i have had users ask me a question which book to opt between H.C Verma Concepts of physics and NCERT physics books . My answer ...
Unit I: Electrostatics (Periods 25) Electric charges and their conservation. Coulomb’s law – force between two point charges, forces betwee...