- Torque of a force about any point is equal to the product of the force and perpandicular distance of the line of action of force from the point.
τ= Force x perpandicular distance from line of action from point = Frsinθ =(Fsinθ)r
τ= (component of force perpandicular to position vector) x (position vector)
- Unite of torque (a) MKS system --- N-m (b) CGS system --- dyne-cm.
- Dimension of torque is ML2T-2
- In vector form τ=F x r
- Torque is a vector quantity having direction perpandicular to the plane of force and position vector and its direction is given by right hand rule.
- If the torque acting on a body tends to rotate in anticlockwise direction then torque is positive and if it tends to rotate the body in clockwise direction then the is negative.
- If the body s acted upon by more then one forces then total torque on the body is the vector sum of each torque.
- τ= dJ/dt , where J is the angular momentum of the body.
- The more is the value of r , more will be the torque and it would be easier to rotate the object.
- Work done by the torque is ∫>τdθ = Torque x angular displacement. here limits of integration goes from θ1 to θ2
at 10:40:00 PM
Class 9 physics notes on chapter motion is now available at the following link CLASS 9 MOTION NOTES (FULL LENGTH)
Question1: A charge Q is divided in two parts q and Q - q separated by a distance R. If force between the two charges is maximum, find the ...
Coherent sources are those sources of light which emit continous light waves of same wavelength , same frequency and are in same phase or h...
Our New Free physics ebooks (pdfs) are available at this link . Hope you lile them.
Unit I: Physical World and Measurement (Periods 10) Physics: Scope and excitement; nature of physical laws; Physics, technology and society...
ADVANTAGES The generation of A.C. is cheaper than that of D.C. A.C. machines are simple , robust and do mot require much attention for the...
Hi all here in this article i am giving some tips and tricks to solve problems in mechanics. To master problem solving skill you need to pra...
1.A particle moves in a straight line with retardation proportional to its displacement. Its loss of kinetic energy for any displacement x i...
Many times i have had users ask me a question which book to opt between H.C Verma Concepts of physics and NCERT physics books . My answer ...
Unit I: Electrostatics (Periods 25) Electric charges and their conservation. Coulomb’s law – force between two point charges, forces betwee...