- Ampere's law in magnetism is similar to the Gauss's law in electrostatics.
- With the help of this law we can find the magnetic fiels caused by symmetric current configurations.
- Statement:-"The line integral B.dl around any closed path equals μ0I ,where I is the net steady curent passing through any surface bounded by a closed path. Mathematically
∫B.dl = μ0I
where integral is evaluated along a closed path.
- Without going into the details of how to prove the law I will give you some handy things to remember while solving problems using Ampere's law.
1. If B is everywhere tangent to the path of integration and has same magnitude B at every point on the amperian loop then the line integral becomes equal to B times the circumfrance of the path.
2. If B is everywhere perpandicular to the amperian loop or over some portion of the loop then that portion of the loop does not make any contribution to the line integral because B.dl = Bdlcos90 = 0
3. In the integral ∫B.dl B is the the total magnetic field at each point in the path i.e., field at any point P on the loop is due to both current sources inside and outside the Amperian loop . However the integral ∫B.dl is always zero for currents outside the Amperian loop.
4. Things should be keept in mind before choosing the Amperian loop that points at which field is to be determined must always lie on the Amperian loop and the path or the loop must have enough symmetry so that line integral can easily be evaluated.
For more physics study material and notes visit physicscatalyst.com
at 5:05:00 AM
Class 9 physics notes on chapter motion is now available at the following link CLASS 9 MOTION NOTES (FULL LENGTH)
Question1: A charge Q is divided in two parts q and Q - q separated by a distance R. If force between the two charges is maximum, find the ...
Coherent sources are those sources of light which emit continous light waves of same wavelength , same frequency and are in same phase or h...
Our New Free physics ebooks (pdfs) are available at this link . Hope you lile them.
Unit I: Physical World and Measurement (Periods 10) Physics: Scope and excitement; nature of physical laws; Physics, technology and society...
ADVANTAGES The generation of A.C. is cheaper than that of D.C. A.C. machines are simple , robust and do mot require much attention for the...
Hi all here in this article i am giving some tips and tricks to solve problems in mechanics. To master problem solving skill you need to pra...
1.A particle moves in a straight line with retardation proportional to its displacement. Its loss of kinetic energy for any displacement x i...
Unit I: Electrostatics (Periods 25) Electric charges and their conservation. Coulomb’s law – force between two point charges, forces betwee...
Many times i have had users ask me a question which book to opt between H.C Verma Concepts of physics and NCERT physics books . My answer ...