(A) Multple choice questions
1. Photoelectric emission takes place when
(a)electrons falls on photosensitive surface
(b)alpha particles falls on photosensitive surface
(c)light rays falls on photosensitive surface
(d)neutrons falls on photosensitive surface
2. The velocity of most energetic photo electrons emitted from metal surface depends on
(a) time for which radiation fall on metal surface
(b) the frequency of incident light
(c) the intensity of incident light
(d) none of the above
3. The work funcion of a metal is w and λ is the wavelength of incident radiation. there would be no emission of photoelectrons when
(a) λ > hc/w
(b) λ < hc/w
(c) λ = hc/w
(d) λ ≤ hc/w
4. The fact that was not inferred from the Rutherford model of the atom was that the
(a) nucleus occupied a small space inside the atom
(b) nucleus consisted of neutrons and protons
(c) electrons were outside the nucleus of the atom
(d) nucleus was dense in nature
5. A graph showing the energy of the photoelectron as a fuction of the frequency of the radiation for a given emitting surface is best represented as
(B) Matrix match type question
6. Match the items mentioned with those given in group (P) with those given in group (Q)
(a) The concept of nuclear atom was
established from the experiment on the
(b) Wave aspect of matter was confirmed by
(c) Bohr theory was successful in explaining
(d) Photons may cause
(1) emission of electrons from the metal surface
(2) scattering of alpha particles by a gold foil
(3) diffraction of electrons by a crystal
(4) bright line spectra of hydrogen atom
(5) scattering of X-rays by electrons
Class 9 physics notes on chapter motion is now available at the following link CLASS 9 MOTION NOTES (FULL LENGTH)
Question1: A charge Q is divided in two parts q and Q - q separated by a distance R. If force between the two charges is maximum, find the ...
Coherent sources are those sources of light which emit continous light waves of same wavelength , same frequency and are in same phase or h...
Our New Free physics ebooks (pdfs) are available at this link . Hope you lile them.
Unit I: Physical World and Measurement (Periods 10) Physics: Scope and excitement; nature of physical laws; Physics, technology and society...
ADVANTAGES The generation of A.C. is cheaper than that of D.C. A.C. machines are simple , robust and do mot require much attention for the...
Hi all here in this article i am giving some tips and tricks to solve problems in mechanics. To master problem solving skill you need to pra...
1.A particle moves in a straight line with retardation proportional to its displacement. Its loss of kinetic energy for any displacement x i...
Unit I: Electrostatics (Periods 25) Electric charges and their conservation. Coulomb’s law – force between two point charges, forces betwee...
Many times i have had users ask me a question which book to opt between H.C Verma Concepts of physics and NCERT physics books . My answer ...